Friday, December 16, 2011

Today I Am Working On Patience

When I was younger, things came easy to me. My mind was sharp. I took for granted that my faculties would forever be in place. Now, that I'm older, I am beginning to realize that I am a few years away from forgetting everything that I ever learned. That is...if I allow that to happen. Today, I vow to feed my mind physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. I've never been a real fan of junk, but I do dabble in mindless activities from time to time. I do indulge in processed foods on occasion, and I sometimes fail to read meaningful things. Nothing is wrong with that, but I have got to learn to provide my body, mind and spirit with all the things needed to prolong its lifespan.

What I've come to realize is that, in certain instances, I lack patience in my personal endeavors. I want things done quick-fast! I want to pick up on things just like I did years ago before the kids, before the husband, and before the responsibilities of life. What I've come to realize is that at some point, I have to slow down, relax, and just let it all soak in. What I've learned is that, this does not come easy for me because I am typically in overdrive.

No more. Today, I am working on patience. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. That is not to say that I'm going to sit around waiting for life to happen for me and it doesn't mean that I'm going to spend the next ten years trying to get to my destination. What it means is that if I start a task and get frustrated, I will make it a point to stick with it until I can figure it out myself within a reasonable amount of time or swallow my pride and ask for help.

How did I get to this point? I don't know. It's just an overwhelming feeling that I have. I'm guessing it stemmed from my inability to maneuver my way around word press. I feel like an idiot for not picking up on things immediately. It took me two days to figure out how to follow a blog and I'm still not for certain that I did it right. I lost my well written and witty about me post as well as my first blog. So, what I've decided to do is to take my time and set up my page to look just like I like it before I continue any further. I'm working on me now. I have a goal in place, but I'm in no rush to get to the finish line until it is officially time.

No comments:

Post a Comment