Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Peace I Have

Anyone who knows me, I mean really knows me, knows that the one thing I cherish in life is peace. It is the one thing I can't buy, but is worth more than anything I've ever owned. With less than twenty four hours left in 2011, I can say that I don't recall ever feeling this good about a new year coming in. It's something about the experience I've had and the things I'll be leaving behind that lets me know that living just a bit more than I have in the past has been well worth it.

As I look back on the year I think of all who I have crossed paths with. The internet has brought a lot of different people through my life. Some who've challenged me, some who listened and undertood, and some who I can't say will be missed. It's all been a learning experience that I will cherish until I die. When I look back on 2011, I will be ble to say that not single tear I've shed has been in vain because God has blessed me in more wys than I could ever have imagined.

The peace I have right now is surreal. Even when I'm angry, I'm at peace. This year has allowed me to release some anger that has been the thorn in my side for years. I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with but I'm not the hardest either. I don't require much more than respect. I try my best not to bother people with my problems and I am typically mindful of the words that come out of my mouth. All I ask in return is the same respect. Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. However, at this point in time I just don't feel phased by any of it because of the peace I have.

So, to all who have loved me unconditionally and have listened to me without judgement...thank you. I can count on one hand who those people are and it's doubtful that they will even read what I have to say. This year I learned what it really means to be loved for just being me. It feels good to just open up and say what's on my heart without judgement. It feels good to hve someone patient enough to listen while you cry on the phone. It feels good to be able to be able to send a text twenty-four hours a day and know that whatever the response it, it will be said in love. Relationships like this are rare. Relationships like this restore my hope thst one day this world will be a better place. Relationships like these bring me the peace that I have today.

1 comment:

  1. Good post! Peace is priceless. Have a wonderful new year! I will be writing soon.

    ReplyDelete